- Community services
- Family services
- Adoption services
- Immigrant services
620 Leon Ave., Kelowna, BC V1Y 9T2
Contact: 250-763-8008 or 250-763-8058
Provide services for youth and their families who may be experiencing challenges in these areas:
- Difficult behaviour
- Living in a blended or separated family situation
- Parent/child conflicts
- Sole parenting
- Conflicting parenting styles
- Grief and loss
- Sexually intrusive behaviour
204 - 347 Leon Ave., Kelowna, BC
A safe, supportive environment where children and youth experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life. Our programs focus on an individual’s strengths and capabilities, and all programs embrace the principles of equality and inclusion. We help young people grow healthy, happy and safely from birth to adulthood, and are a resource and support for parents throughout their family’s involvement with us.
1434 Graham St., Kelowna, BC V1Y 3A8
Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre provides youth with information and resources on topics related to mental health challenges, de-dtress strategies, and overall ways to promote positive well-being.
- They also promote the Youth Ambassador Program, which is an oppoutinity for youth in BC to engage with other youth across the province in promoting health and well-being amongst their communities. Youth have the oppourtunity in this program to work on projects relating to mental health, join a focus group, contribute to blog posts, etc.
- Info for this awesome program can be found here! http://keltymentalhealth.ca/youth-ambassador
Aims to eliminate the financial barriers to sport participation by providing grants for children and youth up to age 18 to participate in a sport season of their choice.
Drop-in centre for youth ages 13 to 18. Offers recreational activities and is a place for social gathering. Open 6 pm to 10 pm Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays; 6 pm to midnight Fridays and Saturdays. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
Kitimat, BC V8C 1V5
A ten bed emergency shelter for youth 13-18. A safe place to go when you can't go home. Referrals accepted from anyone in the community call ahead to check bed availibility. Youth friendly counsellors provide support, meals, laundry, and hygiene supplies. Youth and Family mediation available.
2117 Vancouver St., Victoria, B.C., V8T 3Z9
- Preteen programs
- Chimo terrace afterschool program
- Eastside teen programs
- Youth cultural buddy program
- Youth leadership
- Youth education
2425 Oxford St., Vancouver, B.C., V5K 1M7
KAYA works to enhance effective youth friendly strategies, trainings and opportunities for urban Aboriginal youth to become advocates within their own communities. KAYA operates on an experiential youth-to-youth peer driven model.
100-1725 East Pender St., Vancouver, B.C., V5L 1W5
Office hours are 10 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday.